Saturday, April 25, 2009

An Isla Mujeres Primer for My Friend "K" and this is part one

My friend "K" has not been to Mexico in 24 years...
the last time was 1985 with me
but that is a different story...

She has never been to the Yucatan Peninsula
Never been to Isla Mujeres
Never seen the Caribbean

She is joining me for New Years Eve this year
Her first visit to My Favorite Island

I am a bit envious
She gets to see it all for the very first time

So dear "K"...
I have put together a little "primer"
Just to put it all
In a little perspective
from
Planeta Scottozoid
to
Isla Mujeres


The world of the Mexican Caribbean
celebrates the holiday season
but they do it just a little differently
than you are used to where you live
Oh they got Santa Claus
but they also got seafood tacos
And Christmas lasts about a month...
(this foto is actually from Cancun
but you get the idea)



You need a map of My Favorite Island
And this is one version



This is another version



And another version
These are all hard to fold up and put in yer tote bag
So we will have to get you
A Can Do Mapchick Map of Isla Mujeres
And we will as soon as the new ones are ready...

So my dear "K" this is just a beginning
A primer
More to come in part two

No comments: